Tuesday, February 19, 2002

FiringSquad A Surprising Result

So here I am, all tidied up and looking good on the desktop. I pop into Links 2001 to check things out and am poking around for video information and the like when what should happen? I notice that now, resolutions above 1280x1024 are listed! Odd... So, I fire up Unreal Tournament (where the same problem occurred) and I find that I can now see every single resolution above 1280x1024 that my card can manage!

Just to be sure of things, I went ahead and did a clean install of Windows 98 SE on my formatted hard drive (after backing up of course) and then the only thing I added was the Geforce drivers and the two games. If I left things as is, neither game would allow selection above 1280x1024. If I went into the registry and deleted the extra resolutions that I did not like and rebooted the machine, suddenly both of those games had no trouble going to 1600x1200. Looks like I tripped over a solution here to a problem I've been messing with for a long time, so I thought I would share it with the kind folks who read the articles I push out of my brain. Hope it helps!

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews