Tuesday, October 15, 2002

In the last year, I have talked with a friend who owns a Quantum 6. I have also talked with and read the writings of others who have owned Questars or a Q6. And, I own an Intes 6 inch Mak that an experienced observer and telescope reseller considered to be one of the best he had seen for an Intes. I have since come to learn that it is rare to find a Maksutov that passes with a 100 percent perfect star test. None of the other Maksutov scopes I have seen or heard about have passed the star test, they all have some form of spherical aberration or zonal aberrations like a turned edge. So, it is not unrealistic that my Quantum 6 didn't pass with flying colors either. From what I have been told, no Maksutov maker takes the time to properly aspherize the secondary unless he is making the scope for himself; that's enough to eliminate a perfect star test.

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews