Monday, October 11, 2004

flight

Boat Designs from the 1940's: Treasures from the Past

Flight is a 19' 6" outboard cruiser that evokes the mahogany era when Chris Craft and Century boats were rumbling about on lakes across the US. Restored today, these inboard and outboard cruisers often sell for $10,000 and upward--if you can find one. My Radcraft is an outboard runabout from two decades later, but it still has some of the same qualities. I know that every time I take her out cruising, people wave and gawk--while at the same time, they don't give a second glance to a high cost fiberglass boat that's rushing by. While my old 30 hp. Johnson can't push me above 25 mph, it's plenty of motor for the 1/4" mahogany ply skin on a choppy lake.

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews