Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Boing Boing: StarForce threatens to sue me for criticizing its products

Boing Boing: StarForce threatens to sue me for criticizing its products: I hate this type of software, thank you for the info.

"Yesterday, I posted about StarForce, a harmful technology used by game companies to restrict their customers' freedom. StarForce attempts to stop game customers from copying their property, but it has the side-effects of destabilizing and crashing the computers on which it is installed.

Someone identifying himself as 'Dennis Zhidkov, PR-manager, StarForce Inc.' contacted me this morning and threatened to sue me, and told me that he had contacted the FBI to complain about my 'harassment.'

If you're looking for reasons to boycott StarForce-crippled games (besides the obvious ones), you might add their use of bullying legal threats to your list."

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews