Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Pharyngula: Even wingnuts respond to culture shock

Pharyngula: Even wingnuts respond to culture shock:

"When I get into discussions of this topic with evangelical acquaintences, which is not often enough from my perspective because I think they might be shunning me, I like to point out that I live in San Francisco.

When they say, 'What?'

I say, 'San Francisco is where the Temple of Set is headquartered, which is the largest congregation of openly avowed Satanists in the world [I know that's not really true, but it's close enough to true for my purposes].'

They usually look at me with mounting horror at this point.

Then I drive home the point. 'I can't wait until the government starts giving me vouchers to pay for sending my child to private parochial schools, because then your tax dollars will be going to teaching my kid the freaking Dark Arts. How does that sound, Mike?'

They never talk to me after that."

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews