Monday, April 16, 2001

Actually this entry is for Saturday 4/14/2001.
I Went to San Antonio to visit my folks Saturday, Dee could not make it her sister was at Scott and White. Turned out to be a false alarm. I had a great visit. Rose was home, she said she was feeling so much better, apparently she has been having an ongoing stress problem for years at least in part agravated by her dislecia. She got diagnosed then given a prescription and just feels so much better. She was smiling and seemed in a good mood. She says she can just do so much more now. She wants to sell her house and get a new one with a smaller yard, her current yard is so large that it's just too much work. I suggested a townhome, she did not like the idea of shared walls, she is leaning towards getting a garden home, which from her descripton is just a house with a small yard.
I invited everyone out to get something to eat, Rose could not make it because she had to get ready and go pick up her dog. I took mom and dad to get burgers at Diary Queen, mine was good, then we went to Sonic because mom wanted one of the new shakes that they had been advertising, she was disapointed it was not very good.

I left about 4:00 and drove back to Austin, stopping at Dillards to get Mary a birthday present, I just got her a gift certificate. Mary just got a new house in Colorado.

And this entry is for Sunday 4/15/2001

Sunday morning and Dee wakes me up at 6:15, put something on and I am downstairs triming the fat off of two briskets, season well and into the oven they go, to cook for 5 hours at 300 degrees. Go back to sleep, wake up and make the gravy. Shower and get ready, off to Lisa's house with the brisket, gravy, mashed potatoes, plates, cups, ect, setup when we get there. Overeat watch two movies, one of them was very good, Remember the Titans, then go home and crash.

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews