Tuesday, April 17, 2001

Let me tell you a story.

On the way back from San Antonio, I stop off at the Sony discount shop. I buy a new phone and some surround speakers. After I finish my evening walk I decide to install them. Well to do that I have to move the wall unit, not a problem it's on rollers. So I'm moving it out and the little roller wheels snap. There I am supporting the wall unit and yelling for Dee to come down from upstairs. Well Dee does not appreciate being yelled at, she was all stressed out from completing our taxes and just wants to relax. So I am holding the wall unit trying to convince her to come down, finally she does. I get her to support the unit while I take all the equipment off. Believe me it's a job, the TV is about 60 lbs by it's self. I finally get everything off, it piled wherever in the living room. The wall units on it's side. Dee just happened to have some little stick-on sliders, so I put those on. Get the unit setup, reattach all the components. Guess what, I need to buy an adapter for the new surround speakers. So, I decide to put them on the bookshelf, I open one of the glass doors, and the little hinge that supports the door snaps. By this time Dee's back upstairs and I am once again yelling for her to come down and help me. Let me tell you she is upset, does not want to come down, I am stuck there holding the glass door so the other hinge does not snap. Well I can't get her down. So there I am stuck if I let the door go the other hinge will snap, I need to detach the hinge, I can't detach the hinge without a screwdriver. I can't get a screwdriver without letting the door go. So what the hell, I let the door go. The hinge snaps, and Dee decides to come down. Well thank you very much, have a nice day. By this time Dee is stressed, and upset that I was yelling at her. I apologize for yelling tell her to go back upstairs I don't need her anymore. Ok at this point there is nothing else I can do, I put the door away someplace I can't break it. I'll need to see if I can find replacement hinges somewhere.
I have not eaten yet. Bad idea for me to eat when I'm upset, I eat the leftover cake, brownies, turkey pastrami, and brisket. I have a miserable night and decide to call in sick for the morning.
ed

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews