Saturday, April 30, 2005

SetTru Scroll Chuck Backplate

SetTru Scroll Chuck Backplate: "Mounted on the lathe, showing two of the adjuster set screws. I was amazed at how accurately it could be adjusted - closer than a 4-jaw in my experience. I was able to get TIR to under 0.0001', on a piece of 1/2' dia. reamer blank! That may have something to do with the finer threads on the adjuster screws on this backplate, compared to the 4-jaw jaw threads. I took a short video of it, but don't click on this unless you have a high speed connection, the file is huge (1.5MB). In one instance, I was able to adjust it so closely that I'm sure it was 1/10th of 0.0001'. By that I mean, on an indicator that reads out in 0.0001', the needle barely moved, so little it was only about as much as the line thickness."

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews