Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Say What You Will (Requiem for a TV News Career)

CNN has fired Chez Paziena because of his personal blog.
I say this with the knowledge of implied complicity: I continued to draw a salary from stations at the local level and national networks long after I had noticed an unsettling trend in which real news was being regularly abandoned in favor of, well, crap. I may not have drank the Kool-aid, but I did take the money. I may have been uncomfortable with a lot of what I was putting on the air, but I was comfortable in the life that it provided me. I just figured, screw it, most people don't like their jobs; shut up and do what you're told, or at least try to. Besides, I told myself, what the hell else do you know how to do?
I guess its good I am unemployed.

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews