Saturday, July 09, 2005

Cingular has massive problems

Cingular has massive problems: "CINGULAR IS A SINGULARLY AWFUL phone company, but then again, I am a little biased. Having spent all morning yesterday trying to find out why my phone mysteriously stopped working, and was it related to the abysmal call quality and drops over the last month, I finally gave them a call.

It seems that Cingular has a massive US-wide problem with their network, or in their parlance, a feature. This new feature, one that they don't charge extra for, yet, makes it impossible for you to get inbound calls, they just drop to voice mail.

As an added bonus, if you are one of the lucky subscribers with this feature added, at no charge yet, you don't get notified of the voice mails. I was wondering why my phone was so quiet over the last 24 hours, the usual 7:45am ringing did not occur. Lucky day I thought, until I walked up to someone leaving me a voice mail, and he wondered why I blew him off.

Well, Cingular, when confronted admitted it has a problem, and if you spend an hour on the phone with them, it can correct this one, manually, one at a time. Sigh. It won't tell you about it unless you call first, it is nationwide and from what I gather, irregular. If you are on Cingular, I would heartily recommend you check if your inbound works a couple of times a day until it comes clean on this one, if it ever does"

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews