Saturday, July 23, 2005

Solipsistic Meanderings ? 2003 ? April

Solipsistic Meanderings ? 2003 ? April: "I then read a bit of Sir Walter Scott by way of “Flodden” and then went on to Lord Byron’s “The Prisoner of Chillon” which while having some beautiful lines - “A frantic feeling, when we know, that what we love shall ne’er be so”, “For I had buried one and all who loved me in a human shape; And the whole world would henceforth be, A wider prison unto me:” - made me sad again. So I moved on to tarry a bit with Keats’ “The Eve of St. Agnes” before moving on to Robert Browning’s “Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came”.
Now this is a poem which has a lot of significance to me because I know of at least two series of books which are based on the poem - one is Stephen King’s “The Dark Tower” series whereas the other is Gordon R. Dickson’s “Childe Cycle”. I love the imagery in that poem but it has been a while since I’ve read it - in fact, I’m not sure if I’ve read it fully before. I’m currently reading the “Childe Cycle” and am on the last book and am reluctant to finish it since the cycle remains incomplete due to Gordon R. Dickson’s death."

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews