Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Jimi Hendrix, Bread Maker - W.T. Pfefferle It all starts and ends with Jimi. When he began doing those hard crust rolls in 1967, nobody was doing shit like that.
Fletcher Morgan

One time he came into my boulangerie in Marseille and you just knew that this cat had a different vibe. I did up a nice plate of gingerbread cookies for him, you know, the ones with the little raisin eyes and the big bellies. He ate two and then put the rest in his pocket for later. He was stoned, like always, but I saw him on the street later on breaking the cookies up, tasting the edges with his tongue, like you do, you know, when you’re copping some guy’s spices and so on. Sure enough next time I saw him was in America and he had the recipe down, except he was putting little oatmeal crisp hats on the men. I mean, it was just so far out that I wasn’t even mad at him.
Reg “Skinny” Samuelson

No comments:

Edward A. Villarreal. Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Total Pageviews